Why join our team?
As a teacher at Scarborough UTC you will be challenged and supported so that you give your best every day. To achieve our vision of ‘Technical Excellence, Employable Graduates’ we are building a team of staff who are committed to:
- The vision and values of Scarborough UTC
- Delivering excellent teaching and learning
- Contributing to the Scarborough UTC employability and technical skills curriculum which provides high quality opportunities for students to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding, alongside our professional values, which will help them access the significant opportunities available in the engineering and computer science sectors and thus help to narrow the skills gap in STEM industries.
- Establishing Scarborough UTC as a centre of excellence
In return for your passion and commitment you can expect:
- Class sizes of 20 students or less for all technical subjects
- Motivated 14–19 age range students
- Timetabled preparation time
- Professional CPD time built in to your working week and access to higher education courses and industry placements through our partnership with University of Hull and other industry sponsors
- An excellent teaching environment, all classrooms are equipped with interactive televisions and each member of the team has their own teaching room, a laptop and tablet and access to a full range of ICT Resources.
- Opportunities to be an innovative, creative and inspirational teacher
- An opportunity to work with industry partners, and lecturers and researchers from the University of Hull, ensuring you are at the ‘leading edge’ of your subject knowledge.
We believing in growing the very best teachers and leaders through:
- A ‘Professional Standard’ of professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career to help ensure the highest levels of standards in the classroom.
- An incremental coaching and development programme for all staff and ongoing training in the use of formative assessment.
- Opportunities for continued leadership development.
- We also have a specific programme for middle leaders who have ambitions to develop further in a whole school or leadership post in the future.
We are not currently recruiting for any roles, thank you for your interest in working at Scarborough UTC.